Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things

It has been such a joy getting to know Peter these past few days. He definitely has personality and he is letting his light shine. He makes me (Allie) laugh out loud with some of the adorable, funny and expressive things he does.  

My favorite thing he does right now is walk around our hotel room as fast as he can, picking up anything in his reach and examining it before dropping it on the floor. He rampages, but in a very curious, happy and innocent way. He is so inquisitive right now and his explorations crack me up. 

Another of my favorite things is the way his face lights up when he smiles and how unrestrained his audible laughter is. Two things guaranteed to make him laugh are 1) playing with the water that comes out of the faucet in the bathtub and 2) riding down escalators. He gets so happy you'd think he's on an amusement park ride. It makes me so happy to see him experiencing happiness.

Of course, yet another of my favorite things is when he snuggles in on me and falls asleep. He nuzzles his head into my neck and I can tell he feels safe and comfortable. 

There are a lot of unknowns when it comes to adopting, but one thing I'm sure of is that I'm blessed to be Peter's mommy.

Here is a picture of Matt and Peter that I took at the jade and pearl market we visited today. Matt is such a great father. I am so thankful to my in-laws for raising him to be the man he is and so thankful to God for making him my husband. I'm looking forward to the end of the week when we return home, our two sons will finally meet in person, and our whole family of four will be together. 

1 comment: